Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wyman's Roadrunner Friend

This afternoon Sylinda, Wyman and I loaded up into the truck, grabbed a pizza and some drinks and headed out to he ranch Wyman grew up on. There was a roadrunner family who had made their nest in one of the pieces of machinery and the Daddy was quite comfortable with letting Wyman get close to him - so close Wyman could tickle his tummy if he moved easy enough.

It was a wonderful opportunity to take part in. I chose to expose for the nest and the roadrunner, so I left the rest of the image to chance in exposure. Luckily for me they didn't turn out too bad. I'm happy with how this storyline of images turned out.

Here is Daddy Roadrunner sitting on his five chicks.


Wyman slowly approaching the nest with a grasshopper he shot with a BB Gun.


Wyman showing Daddy Roadrunner the grasshopper and offering it to him.


Daddy Roadrunner gobbling up the grasshopper Wyman handed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment