Sunday, April 25, 2010

Puckett Family Portraits

Max Puckett III asked me one day if I would be willing to take photos at his Junior Recital. I said, yes, of course. Also, his family was coming in town and could I photograph them as well because they've been wanting some family portraits. Sure, I said, how many in your family? About 20. Eff. At first, my self doubt took over. There was no way I could do something like this! No WAY! But, then I told the little fearful child of doubt that this was a much needed challenge. I could not expect to call myself a photographer if the largest group of people I shot was five. So, I rented some equipment from the Mass Comm lab, scouted a location in the Student Union Building where 20 people could fit and put myself in a mindset ready for the challenge.

Ultimately, I had a lot of fun with it. The family knew exactly what they wanted and were quick to pose and get out. I love this shoot because of the personality of all the kids, and the chemistry of the family. Who knows when my next family portrait session will be, but I won't be afraid of it this time, I'll be looking forward to it!



















No comments:

Post a Comment