Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mini Session : Paige's Flower Girl Dress

My daughter is a superstar! She's also going to be my flower girl in my wedding on October 26th! I'm so excited about getting to marry my best friend in 37 days!

I've been on Pintrest looking for ideas and stumbled across several tutu dresses I liked - each one had something I enjoyed but none I found had everything I wanted, so I decided to make my own. How hard could it be? I mean, it would be super affordable if I made it myself and I wouldn't have to worry about paying for shipping or waiting for someone to make it for me. There were YouTube videos and Pintrest Boards I sought inspiration from and all my materials in front of me (also my brilliantly creative mind, haha!).

After one evening and one afternoon of craftyness, Paige's dress was finished and it fit perfectly! As soon as I put it on her, she got such a glow about her - she KNEW this was a princess dress! She started to twirl about and fluff up the tulle. She smiled and giggled at me and was ready for her photo shoot! So, we loaded up in the wagon and walked to the cul-de-sac behind our home and here is the result!

100 yards of tulle (Save On Crafts) : $10
Ribbon (Dollar Store) : $5
Elastic Band (Once Upon A Child) : $3
Flowers (Dollar Store) : $2
Total Cost : $20


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dress! And the photos too - they feel like an old, classy, roll of film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so in love with the dress and it shows that she LOVES the dress too! I'm one happy and proud mama!

      Delete
  2. WOW i can't believe you made that dress yourself! It's very cute and elegant and must say your daughter is so cute..And hats off to your mind also..Lots of kisses to cute baby.. See here for flower dresses

    ReplyDelete